Last week I gave you a Spin Profile for the Weekly Workout. This week I wanted to share a new tradition that’s happening in my house. One of the benefits of being a fitness major is that I’m surrounded by people who share a love for activity. Not sure many other degree programs would gather in the driveway and throw stuff around on a Saturday morning. But we do.
After a warm-up to get the blood pumping faster and open up our foot/ankle, hip and t-spine joints, we completed the following workout:
Spend 5 minutes at each station, moving through the three moves as many times as you can. Take less than a minute to move to the next station.
- Lunge Matrix with Slam – 1 time through each side
- Leap Matrix – 3 times each side
- 10 split stance single arm presses – 10 each side. choose weight
- Agility Ladder – lateral loco of choice – 3 times down and back
- Feet elevated on chair, lateral toe taps – 10 each side
- 5 KB swings – 25 pounds
- 5 step ups each leg, holding weight – you choose weight
- 10 bent over rows each arm – you choose weight
- 15 box jumps
- Quick out of sync arms on rope – 15 each arm
- Rope Jacks – 15
- 15 pushups
- TRX Rows – 15
- Up and Down Hip Drivers – 10
- TRX Pistol Squats – 5 each leg
I’m out of town this weekend but can’t wait to continue this weekend tradition in February!