This post goes way back to Thursday. Thursdays are scheduled to be my tempo run days and I like to do them in the morning after my first two teaching classes are finished. But on this particular day, I realized I left my wallet in Chap’s car from date night the night before and had to make an impromptu 2 hour trip to Muskogee to get it. Luckily, my schedule allows for that! As soon as I got home, I buckled Miley up to go on my warmup mile with me, cranked out two more and then took her on the cooldown too.
I struggle with tempo runs. I didn’t hit my target paces but it felt good to be running outside, and at a decently fast pace for me. Just not the pace I need for 2017’s goals. Guess I’ll just have to watch it get faster over the weeks 😉
Friday I stretched out some sore leg muscles at gentle yoga with Teresa at StudiOne. The more I get into this racing stuff, the more I’ll keep yoga in my routine forever.
Most of Friday was spent in the car with my little co-pilot, heading from OK to IN for Christmas weekend. I left right on time which was a Christmas miracle and arrived about 9.5 hours later. I recently got into podcasts and listened to a variety of them on the drive. Here are some of the ones I’m subscribed to:
- Organize 365 – 40 weeks of 15 minute tips on how to organize particular areas of your home. This week it was the laundry room. I try to listen to these on Sundays and work on that particular spot all week.
- Modern Love – fun stories of dating, marriage, love and loss in current times.
- Dear Sugar – with Cheryl Strayed. I’ve read her books Wild and tiny, beautiful things. I enjoy the perspective she and her c0-host provide on a variety of topics. This episode focused on holiday dramas.
- Stuff You Should Know – this is like trivia tidbits in a podcast. I always feel a little bit smarter after listening to this one, and find myself dropping facts into conversations following the episodes.
- This American Life – everyone recommended this one to me when I was asking what podcasts I should listen to.
- Being Boss- 2 creative entrepreneurs talk about their road to success. I relate a little to some of what they discuss even though I’m not explicitly a creative.
- Aziz Ansari – not a podcast, but I listened to some of his tour on Spotify and laughed my way across Missouri.
She’s a great car rider. Which doesn’t translate to great company. It rained the whole way from Tulsa to Indy, but thankfully the roads were no slick since it was in the high 30s. I’m so glad to be sitting writing this by a roaring fire in my parents’ living room. Dad and I did our Christmas Eve run this morning with Miley – a nice recovery four miles and the sibs and I will do some circuits later. Shaping up to be a great holiday!
Do you listen to podcasts? What are your favorites?